New York Language Center is continually seeking dedicated and gifted individuals to join our faculty. We would be happy to receive your application if you have a Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) and at least one of the following:
Qualification for Employment New York Language Center
Faculty are designated as part-time or full-time. All ESL teaching faculty must be native speakers of English or demonstrate native level fluency of English as evidenced in an interview and a demonstration lesson.
All Bronx Faculty must meet the requirements for employment in accordance with the New York State Education Department as follows:
1. A baccalaureate degree in any disciple AND
2. 12 months of teaching experience in an ESL program OR
3. Completion of a Teaching English as a Second Language training program OR
4. A minimum of 6 graduate credits in TESOL or Linguistics
Faculty in the 3 accredited branches (NYLC Manhattan, Midtown; NYLC Manhattan, Uptown; and NYLC Queens, Jackson Heights) must meet the following requirements at a minimum
1. A baccalaureate degree in any discipline AND
2. An ESL teacher training course or 6 graduate credits in TESOL or Linguistics (An example of an ESL teacher training program is CELTA).