New York Language Center is continually seeking dedicated and gifted individuals to join our faculty. We would be happy to receive your application if you have a Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) and at least one of the following:
- 1 year of verifiable experience teaching English as a Second Language
- At least 6 graduate credits in TESOL
- Completion of a specialized teacher training program in TESOL or TEFL (such as CELTA)
- In addition, we ask that your English fluency be of a native level, and that you have legal permission to work in the United States.
NEW YORK LANGUAGE CENTER OPEN POSITIONS
Student Services Associate
Full time positon(s)
Openings in Queens- afternoon/evening
New York Language Center- Student Services Associate
The Student Services Associate at New York Language Center represents the heart of the school and must help carry out its mission. The purpose of this position is to deliver student services to our ongoing student body as well as to assist in the recruitment effort of future students in addition to the main function of collecting tuition payments. The job requires that personnel be knowledgeable in school policies as well as regulations that govern the school by the New York State Education Department as well as CEA. The employee must be also knowledgeable as to the function of other staff members in order to address problems to the correct parties. This position requires that work be done as part of a team and interface with the Executive Director/Branch Director/Manager/ Foreign Student Advisor/ESL Coordinator/other branches. This is a full time position.
Specific Duties include but are not limited to:
- Answer the phone, give information and register new students. Take leads and enter in the data base.
- Set appointments for prospective students and confirm appointments when at the front desk using email, text messaging, etc.
- Provide information to walk in inquiries and/or refer to proper staff member
- Collect payments of all active and future daytime students. Provide payment due letters one week before.
- Prepare classes in TheBING data base for all students. Enter students in classes. Update weekly with new arrivals/departures/terminations.
- Monitor daily student attendance in daytime session and report problems to appropriate parties. Fill out daily count of attendance.
- Prepare attendance books for new classes.
- Bring issues regarding f-1 attendance problems to D.S.O. Follow up on absent students.
- Assist with housekeeping duties: reporting equipment malfunction, report maintenance problems, etc.
- Open or close the premises.
- Call for substitute teachers if the ESL coordinator/Director is unavailable..
- Follow up on inactive and prospective students using email, text messaging, mailings and phone calls.
- Position requires that one weekend day is included in the schedule
- Friendly, outgoing and confident
- Articulate oral and written language
- Second Language fluency essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
- Comfortable with using a data base
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Associates degree required but will consider a current college student
Other Duties as Assigned
Student Services personnel must attend all staff meetings when requested and must attend annual training meeting. Further professional development is available in consultation with the Executive Director who will determine how the school will benefit. All personnel who are non-native English speakers are encouraged to take advantage of free ESL courses at any location at any time.