For F-1 (Student) Visa Application:

To get an F-1 student visa, you will need to enroll in our Intensive English Program (20 hours per week). You will first need an I-20 from an NYLC advisor. The I-20 form allows you to apply for the F-1 visa at the U.S. Consulate in your country. Follow the steps below to begin your application.

Visa Application Process:

1) Fill out the Application For Enrollment Form (provided by your advisor)
Make sure you use your permanent home address

2) Send us a copy of your PASSPORT
Make sure you passport is clear and easy to read

3) Pay INITIAL FEES (via bank transfer/online credit card payment)
$195 Registration Fee
(Optional) $105 I-20 Express Mailing Fee

4) Send us a BANK STATEMENT showing:
$5,500 ( for 0-3 months of study)
$10,500 ( for 3-6 months of study)
$20,000 (for 6-12 months of study)

If you have a sponsor who will cover your expenses, your sponsor will need to fill out the Affidavit of Support form (ask your advisor for this form)


Your I-20 will be sent electronically to you with further instructions about your F-1 visa.

An NYLC advisor will help you!
Please email if you have not yet spoken with us.

 Obtaining an I-20

To view/download these instructions as a flowchart, please click the link here.

We hope to welcome you in New York City soon!

F-1 Transfer Students

We offer special prices for F-1 transfer students. Still have questions? See some of our FAQ’s or contact us at for more information.

For more information on studying in the U.S. please click link here: