Cancellation and Refund Policy
Visit www.nylanguagecenter.com/form-downloads/ to download this policy in several other languages.
1. If withdrawal occurs during a partial week, it will be calculated as one week.
2. The school requires written notification for refund requests.
3. The original receipts should be presented when requesting a refund.
4. Refunds will be given to the person/organization that paid the school or authorized student representative.
5. Refunds will be issued by check or credit card. Persons requesting refunds via wire transfer must pay a $50 International wire transfer fee ($40 for Domestic Wires) and submit correct banking information to NYLC.
6. If a student pays by credit card, the refund must be made to the same credit card.
7. All refunds will be made within 30 days of request date provided all financial information has been provided and is accurate.
8. The school may issue the student a tuition credit to be used at a later time, if no refund is legally due.
9. All refunds must be claimed within 6 months from the date of payment.
For Students on NYLC F1 Visa
1. Fees are non-refundable except for mailing fee if no documents were mailed.
2. If a student has applied for an F1 visa and it is denied, all tuition will be refunded. The original I-20 form and letter of denial must be sent to the school within 60 days from the denial letter.
3. If a student enters the United States on an I-20 form issued by New York Language Center and fails to show up for classes, the student will be charged for 4 weeks of published, non-discounted tuition (which is the price for week number 1).
4. If a student enters the United States on an I-20 form issued by New York Language Center and begins classes and discontinues:
a) For programs of 8 weeks or less, there is no refund
b) For programs more than 8 weeks, if the student drops out within the first 8 weeks, the school will retain 8 weeks of tuition at the published, non-discounted weekly rate (price for week number 1)
c) For programs more than 8 weeks, if the student discontinues after completing the 8th week, the school will refund the balance of weeks not attended at the published, non-discounted weekly rate (price for week number 1)
5. If an F1 student violates attendance probation and is terminated, there is no refund of unused tuition.
For non F1 Students
1. Fees are non-refundable.
2. If a student cancels this agreement before his/her originally scheduled start date, all tuition will be refunded.
3. When enrollment is for 4 weeks or less, there is no refund whether or not student began classes.
4. When enrollment is for longer than 4 weeks and the student cancels, the school will retain 4 weeks tuition at the published, non-discounted weekly rate (which is the price for week number 1)
5. When the students discontinues after the 4th week and prior to 49% of the enrollment period, the student will be charged the published, non-discounted weekly rate for the weeks studied (price for week number 1) and the balance of the tuition paid will be refunded.
6. After the student completes 49% of the enrollment period, there is no refund.
REJECTION: The school will refund all monies if applicant is rejected by the school.
TERMINATION BY THE SCHOOL. The school may terminate student for any of the following reasons:
1. Non-payment of tuition
2. Failure to attend 2 consecutive weeks without notifying the school
3. If F-1 student, violation of attendance policy
4. Unsatisfactory conduct in school or in class: This includes, but is not limited to, consumption of drugs or alcohol, harassment, verbal abuse, and any other activity deemed unlawful by current statutes.
Payment of Tuition: All tuition must be paid before starting classes.
ABSENCES: Time absent is not discounted from tuition.
TERMINATION BY THE STUDENT: A student may cancel or terminate this agreement. Refunds will be as stated.
Midtown & Upper West Side Jackson Heights Upper West Side & Jackson Heights *Semi-Intensive Program
TERMINATION DATE: If a student is absent for more than 2 consecutive weeks, the school can terminate the student unless earlier notice was received. The termination date is the last date of attendance.
CREDIT: Is valid for 6 months only from the last day of attendance with valid registration.
INSTRUCTION HOUR: An academic hour at NYLC is 50 minutes.
CHANGES IN STARTING DATE: All course schedules are subject to a change in starting date. Students will be duly notified. The school reserves the right to cancel or withdraw a scheduled course if the number of students is insufficient to make up a complete class.
Students will be given the option of attending in another schedule or at another branch of NYLC, or receive a refund of any monies for instruction not received. The school reserves the right to change an instructor if needed.
Registration and/or tuition payments are not transferable.
There shall be no classes if natural disasters or acts of God prevent the school from opening.
A fee of $30 will be charged for returned checks.
New York Language Center is not responsible for any loss or theft of personal property on its premises.
There are no classes on the following holidays:
|New Year’s Day||Presidents’ Day||Good Friday||Easter Sunday|
|Memorial Day||Independence Day||Labor Day||Columbus Day|
|Thanksgiving- 2 days||Christmas Day|